FT job - San Francisco - Urban Solutions - Development Assistant
- View SourcePlease conserve: Think before you print this email.
POSITION: Development Assistant
Urban Solutions is a dynamic and productive economic development nonprofit
whose mission is to foster the well-being of disadvantaged communities by
helping to increase neighborhood commercial vitality, strengthen small
businesses, create jobs and encourage diversity. We are seeking a highly
motivated, enthusiastic person who is detail-oriented, takes initiative,
and is interested in helping micro-entrepreneurs and small businesses.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Fundraising and Development
* In collaboration with Development Director and Executive Director,
write grant proposals, grant reports and correspondence to funders,
including government agencies, foundations and corporations.
* Maintain grant proposal pipeline and ensure deadlines are met.
* Process all donations and send donor acknowledgments in a timely
* Maintain and track funders’ records in database and hard copy files.
* Research prospective funders using a variety of tools.
* Write articles for quarterly newsletter and coordinate development,
production and distribution of newsletter.
* Help market other Urban Solutions’ events and workshops.
* Draft email and other communications.
* Perform monthly updates on website.
* Design flyers, e-announcements and presentations.
* Regularly maintain press kits and media archive files.
* Manage graduation event for after-school youth program.
* Help coordinate annual event, the San Francisco Neighborhood
Business Awards: communicate with venues, negotiate with vendors and other
event planning tasks, as needed.
* Network with potential donors and community members.
* Prepare info displays for tables at events and help staff tables at
* Special projects, as assigned.
Desired Skills and Qualities:
* Impeccable writing ability with style for analytical as well as
* Experience with proposal writing.
* Ability to communicate well with a variety of stakeholders, from
youth clients to funders.
* Excellent project management skills, with eye for accuracy and keen
awareness of deadlines.
* Excellent collaboration skills.
* Passion for Urban Solutions’ mission and commitment to serving
* Knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite, particularly Word and
* Graphic design and website content management skills helpful;
knowledge of Photoshop, InDesign and DreamWeaver a plus.
* B.A. in English, Journalism or Communications helpful.
* Two to three years work experience.
* Congenial attitude and sense of humor.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position. Competitive salary, full medical
benefits, vacation time, Commuter Checks, and a matching 401K plan are
provided. This position is open until filled.
Application Instructions: Interested candidates should send a resume,
meaningful cover letter, and a short writing sample via e-mail to
marisa@... with the subject “Development Assistant
Position”. Include the resume, cover letter and writing sample as separate
attachments (Microsoft Word documents or PDFs only). Resumes without cover
letters are not acceptable.
Please accept our thanks in advance for your interest, and our apologies
for not being able to respond personally to every application. No phone
For more information about Urban Solutions, please visit our website at
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]