Unpaid internship - San Francisco - Tenderloin Neighborhood Development Corporation - intern for Housing Development Department
- Please conserve: Think before you print this e-mail.
TNDC Unpaid Internship 2009 Description
TNDC seeks a highly motivated, unpaid intern for the housing development
department in 2009.
Under the direct supervision of a Senior Project Manager in the Housing
Development Department, the Intern is responsible for supporting
department efforts to develop affordable housing in the Tenderloin and
1. Project support to housing development project teams made up of project
manager and senior project manager on several affordable housing projects
in development. May include preparation of funding applications,
construction administration, and solicitations of in-kind donations.
2. Completion of department infrastructure project such as
design/construction standards manual, proforma template, family high-rise
housing research, etc.
The hours for this position are flexible, with a minimum of 20 hours per
week. Interns are asked to make a minimum commitment of three months. The
position is unpaid.
• Able to take initiative, work independently and follow instructions with
• Able to prioritize work and manage multiple projects and meet rigorous
• Be organized and have excellent time management skills.
• Reliable, punctual, excellent attendance.
• Strong attention to details and follow through.
• Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.
• Able and willing to work well in a diverse environment.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
• Excellent working knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Solid quantitative and analytical skills.
• Effective oral and written communication skills.
• Interest in a career in affordable housing development.
• Willingness to perform administrative tasks related to the development
of affordable housing projects.
• Volunteer, academic, or work experience related to affordable housing
and/or community development.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Internship is unpaid.
Submit cover letter and resume to: Mara Blitzer, Senior Project Manager,
Please tell us where you saw this position listed.
Founded in 1981, Tenderloin Neighborhood Development Corporation’s mission
is to provide safe, affordable housing with support services for
low-income people in the Tenderloin community and be a leader in making
the neighborhood a better place to live. TNDC now owns and manages 25
buildings that provide homes for 2,500 extremely low-income seniors,
families, people with disabilities, low-income wage earners, immigrants
and others in the Tenderloin and nearby neighborhoods. In addition, TNDC
provides on-site supportive services and resources such as social workers
and after-school programs to help residents stabilize their lives and
develop a sense of community.
TNDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and People of Color
encouraged to apply.
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]