Clean Motorized Vehicle Organizer- Sierra Club California (Scramento)

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 29, 2009
      Purpose:

      Strengthening clean-car
      standards through the regulatory process at the California Air Resources Board
      and educating the public on clean vehicle issues.

      B.A./B.S. degree in Environmental
      Studies, Political Science or a closely related field.

      -- At least 1-2 years� experience in the
      environmental field that includes research and organizing campaigns, press
      relations and public speaking.(SEE attachment)

      Regards,

      Irvin Dawid
      650-853-0558/home
      650-283-6534/mobile

      Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 17:56:16 +0000
      From: irvindawid@...
      Subject: [BATF] FW: [CALIF-ACTIVISTS-FORUM] Sierra Club seeks Green Transportation Organizer
      To: CONS-CNRCC-BAYAREA-TRANSIT-FORUM@...

      I wonder if others feel the same disappointment that I do about the job description (in contrast to the job title)....

      Regards,

      Irvin Dawid
      650-853-0558/home
      650-283-6534/mobile

      Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 17:01:41 -0700
      From: Bill.Magavern@...
      To: CALIF-ACTIVISTS-FORUM@...

      Please spread the word. -- Bill

      Job
      Announcement

      Organizer, Sierra Club California

      Sacramento,
      California

      Sierra Club
      California is seeking an Organizer for our Green Transportation Campaign, which
      will focus on strengthening clean-car standards through the regulatory process
      at the California Air Resources Board and educating the public on clean vehicle
      issues.

      Job Duties:

      Reporting
      to the Director of Sierra Club California, the Organizer carries out campaign
      strategy in coordination with volunteers and staff at the state and national
      levels. The Organizer plans and coordinates activities to obtain media coverage
      in regional and national media outlets, assists with developing educational and
      campaign materials and. writes action alerts, fact sheets, letters to policy
      makers, articles, electronic communications and other materials as needed.

      The
      Organizer represents Sierra Club in coalitions and public meetings, helps train
      and motivate activists, and participates in volunteer meetings and events as
      needed.

      Qualifications:

      Knowledge & Skills:

      -- B.A./B.S.
      degree in Environmental Studies, Political Science or a closely related field.

      -- At
      least 1-2 years� experience in the environmental field that includes
      research and organizing campaigns, press relations and public speaking.

      -- Valid
      driver�s license, satisfactory driving record, and proof of auto
      insurance required.

      -- Excellent
      written and oral communication skills

      -- Prior
      experience and ability writing training and informational materials.

      -- Prior
      experience and knowledge of the policy process.

      -- Demonstrated
      ability and effectiveness working with volunteers.

      Compensation: Salary of $40,000 or higher, depending
      on experience. Full benefits.

      To apply: send a cover letter, resume and
      one-page writing sample to annie.pham@....

      Sierra
      Club is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce.

      Check out our Listserv Lists support site for more information:
      http://www.sierraclub.org/lists/faq.asp

      To view the Sierra Club List Terms & Conditions, see:
      http://www.sierraclub.org/lists/terms.asp

      Check out our Listserv Lists support site for more information:
      http://www.sierraclub.org/lists/faq.asp

      To view the Sierra Club List Terms & Conditions, see:
      http://www.sierraclub.org/lists/terms.asp

      Check out our Listserv Lists support site for more information:
      http://www.sierraclub.org/lists/faq.asp

      Sign up to receive Sierra Club Insider, the flagship
      e-newsletter. Sent out twice a month, it features the Club's
      latest news and activities. Subscribe and view recent
      editions at http://www.sierraclub.org/insider/