FT job - San Francisco Bay Area Water Emergency Transportation Authority - Community Relations Manager
- [From http://www.transittalent.com/Job_Listing.cfm?JobID=8874 ]
Company: San Francisco Bay Area Water Emergency Transportation Authority
Position: Community Relations Manager
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Status: Full-time
Salary: More than $100,000
Job ID: 8874
MANAGER, COMMUNITY RELATIONS
The San Francisco Bay Area Water Emergency Transportation Authority (WETA)
is a regional agency mandated to develop and operate a regional ferry
system that provides emergency response capability, connects communities
and increases regional mobility.
This position reports directly to the Executive Director and will be
responsible for developing and managing the agency’s marketing, public
outreach, intergovernmental relations, media relations, Disadvantaged
Business Enterprise (DBE) programs and other activities to increase ferry
ridership and public awareness of WETA services.
• Working with ferry operators and other transit agencies to develop and
implement a Marketing Plan, encompassing WETA’s emergency response roles,
existing City of Alameda and Vallejo ferry services that will be
consolidated under WETA, public ferry service expansion and future ferry
• Planning and implementing effective public outreach strategies,
promotional activities and special events.
• Making presentations before business, civic, and other community groups
to increase ridership and awareness of WETA activities.
• Acting as WETA’s Public Information Officer, providing project updates,
answering agency, public and media inquiries related to WETA programs and
activities and coordinating with other transit agency Public Information
• Producing press releases, newsletters, articles, collateral materials,
briefings and speaking materials for Board members or other WETA managers
for public presentations.
• Managing WETA’s media relations program including press releases, media
inquiries, and coordinating press events.
• Staffing WETA’s Community Advisory Committees and other WETA stakeholder
groups in San Mateo, Contra Costa, and Alameda Counties as required.
• Serving as WETA’s DBE Program Administrator, responsible for developing
and implementing WETA’s DBE Plan.
• Supervising the work of marketing consultants, designers, web masters
and administrative staff assisting with the marketing and public affairs
• Responsible for preparing the budget and contracts of the marketing and
community relations programs.
• Strong public speaking skills
• Strong writing skills
• Strong project management and organizational skills
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in marketing or
a public relations field. Five years of increasing managerial experience
in a marketing position at a public agency or private entity, public
transit agency experience and supervision over other professional staff
CLASS CODE: Exempt
OPEN TO: All Qualified Applicants
SALARY: $100,000 to $140,000 annually, DOQ
DATE POSTED: July 17, 2009
CLOSING DATE: Applications must be received no later than 2:00 PM, August
Please mail or fax cover letter, resume and the required application
(downloadable at www.watertransit.org) to:
Attn: Human Resources
Pier 9, The Embarcadero, Suite 111
San Francisco, CA 94111
FAX: (415) 291-3388
FAILURE TO MEET ANY OF THE REQUIREMENTS STATED MAY RESULT IN REJECTION OF
THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENT(S) MUST BE SUBMITTED AT TIME OF APPLICATION:
• Cover Letter
• Employment Application
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed at TransitTalent.com.
Job ads copyrighted by TransitTalent.com -- © 2009
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]