FT job - San Francisco Bay Area Water Emergency Transportation Authority - Transportation/Environmental Planner/Analyst
- [From http://www.transittalent.com/Job_Listing.cfm?JobID=8875 ]
Company: San Francisco Bay Area Water Emergency Transportation Authority
Position: Transportation/Environmental Planner/Analyst
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Status: Full-time
Salary: See Below
Job ID: 8875
The San Francisco Bay Area Water Emergency Transportation Authority(WETA)
is a regional agency mandated to develop and operate a regional ferry
system that provides emergency response capability, connects communities
and increases regional mobility.
This position reports directly to the Planning Manager and will be
responsible for the day to day oversight of the agency’s consulting
contracts for conceptual design and environmental analyses of various
proposed ferry terminal projects around San Francisco Bay. The incumbent
will also assist in procurement of these consultants (preparation of
RFPs/RFQs, participation in selection panels). The incumbent will also
provide administrative and project management for consultants preparing
preliminary and final design services for ferry terminal projects that
have advanced beyond the environmental clearance phase of pre-construction
processes. The incumbent will also provide transportation planning
assistance in facilities, service planning and related efforts concerning
operations and management of public ferry services. This may include fare
policy and rate setting; facility planning; intermodal service
coordination with other transit agencies; short range transit plan
preparation and other similar duties.
• Coordinate the efforts of design and environmental consultants for
adequacy of effort and timeliness of work product.
• Provide contract management activities including consultant invoice
review/approval and managing consultant budgets.
• Assist in the selection of environmental and design consultants through
formal requests for proposals/qualifications. Negotiate and administer
• Liaison with staff of the cities projects are located in, represent
agency and its interests to same.
• Establish positive working relationships with those contacted during the
course of work.
• Assist in the transitioning of city operated ferry services to WETA
including transfer of assets, contractual relationships, fare and service
level coordination and implementation, transfer agreements with feeder bus
services, capital planning and similar operational planning activities.
• Perform related duties as assigned.
DESIRED SKILLS/ KNOWLEDGE
• Knowledge of CEQA and NEPA
• Project management skills related to oversight of professional services
• Elementary principles and practices of transportation planning, analysis
• Interrelationships among government agencies, and transportation needs
and problems of local agencies
• Methods and techniques for record keeping and report preparation and
• Proper English, spelling and grammar
• Use of computer programs including Microsoft Office, Outlook and Project
• Office practices, methods and equipment, including computer and
Bachelor’s degree in environmental science, transportation, business,
public policy or administration or related field, an advanced degree is
strongly preferred. Knowledge of public transit planning principles and
methods is also desired.
CLASS CODE: Exempt
OPEN TO: All Qualified Applicants
SALARY RANGE: $65,000 - $95,000 annually, DOQ
DATE POSTED: July 17, 2009
CLOSING DATE: Applications must be received no later than 2:00 PM, August
3, 2009 or until filled
Please mail or fax cover letter, resume and the required application (may
be downloaded at www.watertransit.org) to:
Attn: Human Resources
Pier 9, The Embarcadero, Suite 111
San Francisco, CA 94111
FAX: (415) 291-3388
FAILURE TO MEET ANY OF THE REQUIREMENTS STATED MAY RESULT IN REJECTION OF
THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENT(S) MUST BE SUBMITTED AT TIME OF APPLICATION:
• Cover Letter
• Employment Application
• A brief (5 page maximum) writing sample
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed at TransitTalent.com.
Job ads copyrighted by TransitTalent.com -- © 2009
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]