Unpaid internship - City of Stockton - Planning intern
- [From http://www.planetizen.com/node/39362 ]
City of Stockton
Posted on: June 22, 2009
THIS IS A VOLUNTEER/UNPAID POSITION
Assignment requires 24 hours per week for a 3 month period. Hours
available are between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 pm., Monday through Friday.
Under close supervision, interns perform the more routine technical
planning and municipal planning duties while learning City policies and
procedures. As experience is gained, assignments become more diversified
and are performed under more general supervision.
Education/Experience: Current enrollment or accepted for enrollment as a
degree seeking student in an accredited higher education institution with
major coursework in city, regional or urban planning or a closely related
field. Students must be in good academic standing with the educational
institute and enrolled in a minimum of six (6) semester or nine (9)
quarter units with a minimum 3.0 GPA.
* Objectives, principles, procedures, standards, practices, information
sources and trends of municipal urban planning;
* Implementation of zoning and other municipal ordinances;
* Application of land use, physical design, economic, environmental and/or
social concepts to the planning process;
* Housing trends, market analysis techniques, programs and financing
mechanisms for low- and moderate-income families;
* Statistical analyses and mathematical concepts related to the planning
* Terminology, symbols, methods, techniques and instruments used in
planning and map drafting;
* Local government organization and the functions and practices of a
municipal planning unit.
Apply online at: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/stockton/default.cfm
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]