SJSU_MURPs list reminders: how and why to post

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 17, 2009
      Hello MURPs readers,

      I am the acting moderator for this email group, so once or twice a year I
      send out a brief announcement to remind members about the purpose of the
      list and guidelines for posting to the list.

      WHAT IS SJSU_MURPS?

      This email group is used to share news about jobs, internships, and
      educational events that might be of interest to planning students and
      practitioners in the San Francisco Bay Area region.

      The group originally began as a forum for students in the Master of Urban
      Planning (MUP) program at SJSU. Today the group's more than 500 members
      include not only SJSU students and alumni, but many other planning
      students and practitioners in the Bay Area without an SJSU affiliation.

      ****

      WHY YOU SHOULD POST TO SJSU_MURPS!

      I urge all members to post information on Bay Area jobs, internships, and
      educational events related to planning. The more of us post, the better
      the list will be!

      ****

      HOW TO POST TO SJSU_MURPS:

      When you post messages, keep in mind the following guidelines:
      - Please refrain from posting notices that do not fit with the core
      mission of the email group.
      - Note that attachments won't be forwarded to the group.
      - Note that messages will first go through a moderator, who will check to
      make sure that the message is on-topic for the group and that the subject
      heading is clear.

      ****

      Thanks very much to all of you who participate in this list, especially to
      those of you who post material. Together, we have made SJSU_MURPs into
      one of the most important sources of information on jobs and events for
      Bay Area planners.

      Best regards,

      Asha W. Agrawal

      =======================================
      Asha Weinstein Agrawal

      Associate Professor / Associate Chair / Graduate Advisor
      Department of Urban and Regional Planning

      Director, MTI National Transportation Finance Center

      San José State University
      One Washington Square
      San Jose, CA 95192-0185
      asha.weinstein.agrawal@...