Paid internship - Oakland, CA - Marstel-Day - Environmental Studies or Land Use Planning

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 10, 2009
      [From http://www.planetizen.com/node/39138%5d

      Environmental Studies or Land Use Planning Intern
      Marstel-Day, LLC
      Location: Oakland, California, United States
      Posted on: June 8, 2009
      Category: Environment / Natural Resources
      Planning / Land Use
      Experience: Not specified

      Marstel-Day, LLC is offering a summer internship for a motivated
      undergraduate or graduate student with a background in environmental
      studies and/or land use planning who is looking for valuable professional
      experience in planning or environmental regulation. The intern will
      support Marstel-Day?s NEPA program, encroachment control program,
      environmental security analysis program and/or community
      outreach/strategic planning program in the company?s downtown Oakland
      office, as well as provide general office support and assistance on an
      as-needed basis.

      About the Company:
      Marstel-Day, LLC has strong environmental management and conservation
      qualifications in both the public and private sectors. Our team brings to
      our clients experience in resolving complex environmental and land
      management issues, by utilizing innovative solutions and partnering
      strategies. In the field of conservation consulting, we specialize in the
      conveyance of excess and surplus federal property for permanent
      conservation or recreational reuse, thereby helping to realize the
      potential for these underutilized assets to be transformed into land of
      permanent conservation value. We help our military clients address the
      difficult land use and other issues that arise as civilian communities
      build new developments ever closer to military installations. Marstel-Day
      is a woman-owned, small, certified HUB Zone business with offices in
      Fredericksburg and Alexandria, VA and Oakland, CA. For more information on
      the company, visit our website at www.marstel-day.com.

      Qualifications:
      ? Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university in pursuit of
      obtaining a Bachelor?s or Master?s degree in planning or environmental
      studies or a related field.
      ? Junior or higher standing with minimum 3.3+ grade point average
      ? Ability to use a personal computer
      ? Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and ESRI ArcGIS 9.2 (desirable)
      ? Strong work ethic and professional demeanor
      ? Ability to communicate effectively and professionally

      Compensation:
      Stipend based on qualifications and experience

      To apply:
      Email resume, transcripts and a writing sample (no more than 3 pages) to:

      Dave Peixotto, Western Regional Manager
      Dpeixotto@...

      Isaac Ramirez
      Iramirez@...