Program Organizer to organize campaigns and events to accelerate creation of homes in San Mateo County

    Message 1 of 1 , May 29, 2009
      The Housing Leadership Council of San Mateo County (HLC) seeks an energetic Program
      Organizer to organize campaigns and events to accelerate creation of homes in San Mateo
      County that ordinary families and individuals can afford. The program organizer will lead or
      support a range of tasks, including advocacy, program organizing, and administrative support.

      This position involves a range of tasks and roles that will evolve as organizational priorities do.
      Therefore, we value flexible individuals who want to grow with our organization.

      A successful candidate will demonstrate creativity, focus, energy, organization, and interest in the mission of HLC. Because HLC is a small organization, we have great flexibility and collegiality, and in turn we require independence, responsibility and self-motivation.

      Any of the following background or work experience would be desirable:
      · Community organizing experience
      · Public speaking experience
      · Event organizing experience
      · Marketing or community outreach experience, such as production of brochures, websites,
      or other information for decision makers or the general public
      · Policy development experience, or work with local or state government bodies

      Any of the following qualifications would be desirable:
      · Spanish language abilities
      · Experience with website maintenance and basic HTML coding
      · Experience with nonprofit housing or social-service providers
      · Experience with Microsoft Access or PowerPoint
      · Familiarity with development, political, or cultural issues specific to San Mateo County
      · Existing personal or organizational relationships within San Mateo County

      To apply, please send a letter to Chris Mohr, Executive Director, summarizing your interest and
      relevant experience, by mail, by fax to (650) 872-4411, or by email to resumes@.... No
      phone calls, please.

      Full description of position attached.

      Regards,