The Car-Free Challenge

    Message 1 of 1 , May 27, 2009
      [Note: UPC is a member of TransForm]
      Take the Car-Free Challenge!Join
      a huge community of people in setting and reaching a personal mileage
      goal in the month of June - plus win great prizes and share your
      stories of taking transit, walking, and bicycling!

      Take the Car-Free Challenge.

      How few miles can you drive in June?
      During the month of June the average Bay Area resident will drive 540 miles and the average American driver more than 1,000 miles. Think you can do better?
      Join a huge community of people in setting and reaching a personal low mileage goal in the month of June - plus win great prizes and share your stories of taking transit, walking, and bicycling. Whether driving less is stretch for you or already a way of life, we want you to take the Challenge!
      Together we will send a powerful message to our leaders that a critical mass of people want to drive less and live more.
      As a Car-Free Challenger, you'll also set a fundraising goal. The money you raise will support TransForm
      in fighting for better public transportation, walking, and biking
      options in the Bay Area, California, and nationwide. With transit fare
      hikes and service cuts happening across the country, we must act now!
      Learn how it works, meet 5 people taking the Challenge, and sign up to take the TransForm Car-Free Challenge!

      More info? Contact: