Unpaid internships - City of Oakland - various topics

    Message 1 of 1 , May 6, 2009
      Summer 09 City of Oakland Internships
      Job Title: Summer 09 City of Oakland Internships

      work projects in the area of transportation and land use planning, parking
      policy and transportation demand programs, sustainability and climate
      change analysis, community engagement, project analysis and management, as
      well as writing for grants/funding for capital projects. Experience in
      working in any one of these areas is very desirable, as are candidates who
      can take an interdiciplinary approach. We will be sharing resources across
      and between departments and divisions. These internships will have to be
      unpaid, given the city's current budget situation. However, in return for
      your efforts, you will be given a specific work plan and the coaching to
      develop products that not only assist the City, but that can become
      showcase projects on your resume.

      Firm Name: City of Oakland
      Firm Website: www.oaklandnet.com
      Location: 250 Frank Ogawa Plaza, Oakland, CA, 94703

      Paid: Unpaid

      Start Date: Indicate available start and end dates in cover letter

      Category: Community Development

      Contact Name: Iris Starr, AICP
      Contact Email: Istarr@...
      Contact Phone: 510-238-6229