Fresno Campaign Organizer

    Message 1 of 1 , May 6, 2009
      a bit out of our area, both geographically and the topic itself....

      Sierra Club seeks short-term organizer in Fresno for Employee Free C

      Tue May 5, 2009 11:35 am (PDT)

      The Sierra Club seeks a full-time staff person in Fresno for the month of

      May and perhaps into June for a brisk run at grassroots/grasstops/media work

      in support of the Employee Free Choice Act. I will manage the position. If

      you could please circulate this announcement to any of your lists, I would

      be very appreciative. Attached is a job description. Anyone who is

      interested should send me a resume and cover letter to

      bill.corcoran@... asap.

      About the Employee Free Choice Act: Reintroduced in Congress on March 10,

      2009, the Employee Free Choice Act (S. 560, H.R. 1409) will protect workers'

      most basic rights, including the right to choose how and when to form a

      union. As the clean energy economy expands, millions of new green jobs will

      be created. To fully capitalize on the potential of the green economy, we

      will need a robust and skilled workforce, and protecting workers' rights to

      organize will be an essential part of building a clean energy economy that

      lifts up all workers and communities.

      I appreciate your consideration of my request and wish you the very best.

      Bill Corcoran

      Senior Field Organizing Manager

      Sierra Club

      3435 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 660