Student volunteers needed May 5 for climate change project

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 9, 2009
      ----- Forwarded by Asha Agrawal/SJSU on 04/09/2009 06:07 PM -----

      Dear Ms. Agrawal,

      My name is June Yee and I am an Environmental Studies student at San Jose
      State University. I am currently interning with Breath California of the
      Bay Area, which is a non-profit organization that advocates for healthy
      air quality and lung health.

      Breathe California needs 20-30 volunteers to help implement a climate
      change project that is happening on Tuesday, May 5. The project will be a
      count of the morning traffic at 3 schools in Milpitas.

      What volunteers will be doing:
      1. Meet in front of Milpitas High School at 6:30am.
      2. Call the coordinator (Dennis) at 408-648-6558 to check in.
      3. Go to assigned traffic observation site.
      4. Start traffic count at 7:00am and end the count at 8:45am.
      5. Report back to the front of Milpitas High School at 9:00am.­­­
      .

      Milpitas High School:
      1285 Escuela Pkwy
      Milpitas, CA

      Please let your students know about this opportunity to help fight global
      warming. Volunteers will gain experience in working with clean air
      projects, which will be an interesting addition to resumes, and help make
      the air cleaner and healthier.

      If your any of your students would like to help with this project, they
      can sign up by contacting Dennis Acha at 408-998-5865, or
      dennis@....

      Thank you for your time.

      Sincerely,

      June Yee

      Rediscover Hotmail®: Get e-mail storage that grows with you. Check it out.