Student competition: Urban SOS: Distressed Cities, Creative Responses

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 20, 2009
      ENTER NOW TO WIN US$20,000 IN PRIZE MONEY + TRIP TO BARCELONA, SPAIN

      REGISTER BY 15 MAY; SUBMISSION DUE 31 JULY 2009

      We are in an urban age. Most of us today live in cities. Is there a place
      or a neighborhood in your city that needs a good fix? Do you know of an
      unplanned settlement, a displaced community, economic uncertainty that has
      driven away business, environmental degradation that has reduced quality
      of life, an area enduring the aftermath of natural calamity, a derelict
      urban site? Have a plan that could turn things around? We seek submissions
      that solve these common urban problems, on any site, within any city or
      town, worldwide. The top four submissions will be invited to present at
      the World Architecture Festival in Barcelona in November 2009. If you?re
      passionate about improving the quality of the world?s communities, then
      this competition is for you. Today?s built environment needs creative,
      thoughtful ideas. If you have them, this is your chance to let them shine.

      Visit us at WWW.EDAW.COM/URBANSOS

      Submit Your Entry Now