Fwd: Researchers and Students Receive Free Access to SAGE Electronic Journals in February and March 2003

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 7, 2003
      SJSU subscribes to JPER (see below) but not JPL, so some of you might find
      this offer useful for your research this term.

      Asha

      Asha Weinstein
      Department of Urban and Regional Planning
      San José State University
      One Washington Square
      San Jose, CA 95192-0185
      email: asha.weinstein@...
      phone: 408-924-5853
      ----- Forwarded by Asha Weinstein/SJSU on 02/07/2003 07:58 AM -----

      "Jack L. Nasar" <nasar.1@...>
      Sent by: owner-phd-bowling-league@...
      02/07/2003 09:17 AM

      To: PLANET@..., "Planning Ph.D. list"
      <phd-bowling-league@...>
      cc:
      Subject: Fwd: Researchers and Students Receive Free Access to SAGE Electronic J
      ournals in February and March 2003

      >As the Journal of Planning Literature, Journal of Planning Education and
      >Research
      and several other urban journals are published by SAGE, I thought this
      announcement that
      SAGE is offering FREE online access to SAGE journals would be of
      interest.

      >Researchers and Students Receive Free Access to SAGE Electronic Journals
      in
      >February and March 2003
      >SAGE is providing free access to all journals available electronically
      via
      >ingenta during February and March 2003. This includes full text files for
      >issues being published during the first quarter of 2003, as well as back
      >files going back as far as 1999 (where available).
      >"As a result of the tremendous success of our free electronic access
      offer
      >in 2001, SAGE is once again opening up access to all our electronic
      >journals." say SAGE executives. "With this offer we are aiming to give
      >librarians the opportunity to promote online resources at their libraries
      >and expose students and faculty to the full range of electronic journals
      >before subscribing."
      >Access is easy and requires no special set-up. Full details about how to
      >access SAGE's journals for free are available on SAGE's website
      >www.sagepublications.com/freeaccess
      ><http://www.sagepublications.com/freeaccess> . Electronic access is being
      >provided through the intermediary, ingenta.
      >SAGE's electronic journals are currently available all year round to all
      our
      >institutional subscribers (and members of those institutions) as part of
      >their subscription through a choice of six intermediaries.
      >
      >****
      >
      >About SAGE
      >SAGE Publications, one of the world's leading international journal
      >publishers, is a privately-owned company dedicated to the global
      >dissemination of information. SAGE currently publishes over 360 journals
      >across the social and behavioral sciences as well as in medicine, life
      >sciences and engineering.
      >For further information contact:
      >Jane Makoff, Head of Journals Marketing,
      >SAGE Publications, 6 Bonhill Street, London EC2A 4PU, UK
      >Tel: +020 7374 0645 Fax: +020 7374 8741
      >Email: jane.makoff@... <mailto:jane.makoff@...>
      >www.sagepublications.com <http://www.sagepublications.com>

      Jack L. Nasar