Internship - San Francisco - GIS Planning, Inc. /ZoomProspector.com - Economic Development

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 9, 2009
      Project Assistant/Intern - Economic Development Internet
      GIS Planning Inc. & ZoomProspector.com

      This position will assist in a cutting-edge strategy for city planning and
      economic development which leverages the power of the Internet through
      social networks, new media, and marketing. Working with the Marketing
      Director the Project Assistant/Intern will have a variety of
      responsibilities, including:

      ? Preparing marketing collateral.
      ? Updating social media sites (blogs, Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, etc)
      ? Research and writing
      ? Participating in weekly company meetings
      ? List management and contact follow up
      ? Other tasks

      Previous DCRP interns that have worked for GIS Planning have participated
      in significant ways including leading important initiatives and actively
      contributing to the development of strategy and long-term initiatives.
      This employment can accommodate the DCRP requirements for a professional

      The candidate for this position should have strong writing skills, be
      proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), and be
      familiar with Web 2.0 websites and social media (Facebook, Twitter).
      Knowledge of city planning and economic development is a plus.

      An ideal candidate will also have strong design skills and video
      recording/editing experience although this is not a requirement.

      GIS Planning is the creator and industry leader of Internet-based economic
      development using mapping analysis. We are a fast-growing company
      headquartered in San Francisco. In 2007 and 2008 we made the Inc. 5000
      list of fastest-growing companies in the USA (#2,188) and the San
      Francisco Business Times ?Fast 100? fastest-growing businesses in the Bay
      Area (#48). Our solutions are implemented by economic development
      organizations serving over 7,500 cities from New York to Hawaii and Alaska
      to Florida including the majority of the 50 largest cities in the USA. Our
      work has been featured in the Wall Street Journal, BusinessWeek, Inc.,
      Forbes, Los Angeles Times, San Francisco Chronicle, and other quality
      media which can be viewed on our website at www.GISplanning.com.

      The company is lead by industry experts in economic development, SaaS, and
      geographic information systems, and city planning. The company's
      co-founders are both masters degree graduates of UC Berkeley's Department
      of City and Regional Planning.

      For more information about GIS Planning, please visit us at

      ZoomProspector.com is a new service of GIS Planning launched in October of
      2008. It enables businesses to find, compare and deeply analyze
      communities and available properties nationwide to find the optimal
      location to start up, expand or relocate. Our website service is a
      disruptive technology that changes how businesses can decide where to
      physically locate. Our map data is more detailed and deeper than Google
      Maps, Microsoft Live or Yahoo! Maps.

      ZoomProspector.com has already been featured in BusinessWeek, Inc.,
      Forbes, Entrepreneur, The Washington Post, C-NET News, AOL Money &
      Finance, TechCrunch, Mashable, VentureBeat and other quality media

      This internship is paid and will last through the end of Summer 2009.
      There is an opportunity to extend the internship through June 2010 or
      transition to full-time employment with the company.

      Compensation ranges from $15 - $20 per hour depending on skills and
      experience. Graduate student interns are preferred.

      Please include the following in your response to GIS Planning:

      ? Cover letter explaining what you would like to learn from this
      ? Resume/CV that includes all of your technical computer/software/Internet
      ? 1 example of a PowerPoint presentation
      ? 1 example that showcases your ability to write in a professional manner
      ? 2 examples of how you currently use social media (i.e. Facebook,
      Youtube, etc)
      ? 1 example of something designed using the Adobe suite (if available)

      Available to start as soon as possible in our San Francisco office.