Our City Forest - Winter 2009 Tree Amigo Class!

  • sigmabetafiji
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 21, 2009
      Winter 2009 Tree Amigo Class!

      Dear Tree OCF Tree Amigos & Volunteers:

      We are pleased to announce the dates and times for our Winter 2009
      Tree Amigo Class. Please pass this along to anyone who might be
      interested. If you are interested in signing up please see the details
      below!

      Please fill out the following information to complete your enrollment
      in the class:

      ** See below for details and class schedule**

      1. First and Last name:
      2. Mailing address:
      3. Phone number:
      4. Email:
      5. Are you willing to volunteer one Saturday per month?

      Please e-mail the above information to us as soon as you can!

      Tree Amigo Class starts February 11, 2009
      Our City Forest Winter 2009 Tree Amigo Class

      identification, basic tree care, pruning and how to help organize a
      community planting. There will be a tree nursery tour, a walking tree
      tour, and a tree planting project during the 18 hour class.

      Meeting Location: The classroom location is at Our City Forest Offices
      at 151 W. Mission St. San Jose, CA. There will be field training as
      well, with locations to be announced during the course.

      Schedule:
      Session 1, Classroom - February 11th - Wednesday - 6PM-8PM (Welcome,
      Our City Forest Intro., & Tree Identification)
      Session 2, Classroom - February 18th - Wednesday 6AM-8PM (Right Tree
      for the Right Place)
      Session 3, Field - February 21st - Saturday - 1PM-4PM (Tree Bank Tour)
      Session 4, Classroom - February 25th - Wednesday 6PM-8PM (Volunteer
      Meeting & Pruning)
      Session 5, Field - February 28th - Saturday - 1PM-4PM (Walking Tree Tour)
      Session 6, Classroom - March - Saturday 6PM-8PM (Walking Tree Tour)
      Session 7, Field - March - Saturday 9AM-12PM (Tree Planting)
      Session 8, Classroom - March - Wednesday - 6PM-8PM (Planting
      Coordination & GRADUATION)
      *Dates/Times may be subject to slight changes

      We request that Tree Amigos volunteer One Saturday per month. Most of
      our tree plantings/volunteer opportunities take place on Saturday
      mornings from 9AM-12PM. Some plantings are held during weekdays.

      If you have any questions, please contact Andrea and Mark at 998-7337
      ext. 105 or volunteer@...

      Thank you!
      Our City Forest