Job Posting: UC Berkeley Technology Transfer Program

  • Alyssa Sherman
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 20, 2009
      Position Available: Associate Development Engineer

      Department: University of California Berkeley, Institute of Transportation
      Studies, Technology Transfer Program

      Location: Off Campus-Berkeley

      About the Technology Transfer Program
      The Technology Transfer Program, within the Institute of Transportation
      Studies at the University of California, Berkeley is a comprehensive
      professional development program for the California transportation
      community. We cover all aspects of surface transportation - infrastructure
      design, engineering, planning and policy, safety, the environment,
      pavements, signals, maintenance, and project development. We offer more than
      150 training courses; free information resources; conferences; and technical
      assistance programs, all geared toward professionals working at state,
      county, and city transportation agencies in California.

      Visit us at www.techtransfer.berkeley.edu to learn more about what we do.

      Who We're Looking For
      We are looking for a Development Engineer to join our team. In this position
      you will plan and develop courses, cultivate technical assistance programs
      for local agencies, and create information resources. Actual projects will
      vary based on your interests. A bachelor's degree in transportation
      engineering/planning/systems operations and 3+ years relevant work
      experience with transportation agencies are minimum requirements. A relevant
      master's degree is highly desirable and may be substituted for one or more
      years of field experience

      The ideal candidate should have a background in transportation engineering
      or planning, and above all, should be dedicated to creating programs that
      will improve the efficiency, effectiveness, and safety of the entire
      transportation system for those who work on it and those who use it.
      Knowledge of California transportation institutions or experience working
      with state, city, or county transportation agencies is also highly
      desirable.

      Please note: this is not a transportation research position.

      For More Information
      (1) Visit our webpage at www.techtransfer.berkeley.edu or
      (2) Review our job posting at jobs.berkeley.edu (search for job #9515) or
      (3) Contact Laura Melendy, Tech Transfer Director, at
      melendy@... or (510) 665-3608.

      To Apply
      Log in to jobs.berkeley.edu and apply for Job #9515.

      The University of California, Berkeley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
      Action Employer