Job opportunity for an SJSU student -- Assistant to Professor Asha W. Agrawal

  • Asha Weinstein
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 19, 2008
      I will be hiring an SJSU student to assist me with my work for the Spring
      2009 semester. The position is for 10 hours a week and pays $14.52 an
      hour.

      The assistant needs to do six hours of work on campus on Thursdays, but
      the remaining hours of work can be completed at any location and time of
      the week.

      The assistant will perform a variety of tasks, from library research and
      other tasks related to my research projects, to more mundane jobs such as
      helping me with photocopies. To the extent possible, I will make the job
      educational for the assistant, teaching her/him research, writing, and
      other practical skills relevant to work in the field of planning. If you
      would like more information about the type of research projects I work on,
      see my website at http://www.sjsu.edu/faculty/weinstein.agrawal/.

      To apply for this position, please e-mail me the following information:

      1. Your résumé.

      2. The names, e-mail addresses, and phone numbers of three references.

      3. A statement of a paragraph or two explaining your qualifications for
      this position.

      I will begin reviewing applications as of January 5 and continue accepting
      them until I find a suitable candidate.

      Best regards,

      Asha W. Agrawal

      Asha Weinstein Agrawal
      Assistant Professor
      Department of Urban and Regional Planning
      San José State University
      One Washington Square
      San Jose, CA 95192-0185
      asha.weinstein.agrawal@...