Scholarships for University of Colorado PhD program in planning

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 12, 2008
      ----- Forwarded by Asha Agrawal/SJSU on 12/12/2008 03:01 PM -----

      I write to let you know of extremely exciting opportunities for doctoral
      study at the University of Colorado. This coming fall 2009, we are
      prepared to admit at least 5 PhD students in urban and regional planning
      AND fully fund each of them for several years! In particular, our revamped

      PhD Program in Design and Planning is privileged to be part of an NSF
      funded IGERT program that was recently awarded to the UC-Denver campus
      focusing on urban sustainable infrastructure (see:
      www.cudenver.edu/igert); at least two students will be part of this
      program (see more below). Other tracks for planning study in the PhD
      program focus on sustainable urbanism (broadly defined, including
      transportation, land use, urban design) and children, youth, and the
      environment.

      Please forward this information to interested and prospective PhD students

      in each of your programs. The wonderful opportunities to study pressing
      planning issues in the Rocky Mountain west speak volumes (and probably
      speak for themselves). I hear the skiing is pretty good as well.

      Application materials and other information about the PhD program are
      available at:
      http://www.cudenver.edu/Academics/Colleges/ArchitecturePlanning/programs/phd/Pages/Phd.aspx

      ------------
      Exciting IGERT PhD Fellowships Available to Study Sustainable Urban
      Infrastructure in Real Cities!!

      The University of Colorado Denver seeks PhD students in Engineering,
      Architecture & Planning, Public Affairs, and, Health & Behavioral Sciences

      to work on dissertations pertaining to the development of sustainable
      infrastructures in cities worldwide.

      PROGRAM SUMMARY: Our program seeks to integrate innovative technologies in

      various infrastructure sectors (water, energy, transport, waste,
      buildings, etc) with urban planning, public policy and participatory
      community research to achieve urban health and sustainability goals.
      Students from all the participating disciplines in this program will have
      the exciting opportunity to work on real-world sustainability projects in
      cities along the Denver Front Range in Colorado, USA, and/or in our sister

      city, Chennai, India. We are presently partnering with three cities to
      assist in water, energy, climate action and health projects.

      We started the program this academic year, and it is going quite well. Our

      students like the truly multi-discplinary and hands-on approach we have
      developed, including new courses, joint dissertation advising, hands-on
      real world projects, etc.

      IGERT PhD TRAINEE BENEFITS include tuition and fees, a stipend of $30K per

      year for 2.3 years, and much more! Students interested in MS degrees
      should enquire about our IGERT MS Associate positions.