Funding: Doctoral Assistantships in Environmental Design and Planning at Clemson

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 23, 2008
      ----- Forwarded by Asha Agrawal/SJSU on 11/23/2008 02:41 PM -----

      The College of Architecture, Arts, and Humanities at Clemson
      University is accepting applications for five three-year
      assistantships for the pursuit of the Ph.D. degree in Environmental
      Design and Planning. The fellowship provides a stipend of $18,800
      payable per year plus tuition, and may be renewed for up to two years.

      I would like your help in locating superior students who might be
      interested in this opportunity for support of their doctoral
      studies. The diversity of our faculty, who have advanced degrees in
      applied economics, architecture, construction management, civil
      engineering, history, landscape architecture, parks, recreation and
      tourism, planning, political science and urban geography allows
      students to pursue a variety of research interests.

      The objective of the program is to prepare a new generation of
      academics and professionals to deal with the diverse and complex
      issues relating to the next round of human development. The program
      is interdisciplinary drawing a core from the fields of architecture,
      landscape architecture, planning, and construction science. We have
      identified focus areas of: Regional & Community Development & Design;
      Built Environment and Health; Restoration, Sustainability & Landscape
      Ecology; Technology, Materials and Construction Processes. It is
      expected that graduates of this program will be well prepared to
      address increasingly complex issues relating to human settlement
      patterns and the built environment. I hope you will share it with
      students who are or might be considering application to a doctoral
      program for the fall semester of 2009.

      Clemson University, the land grant University of South Carolina, has
      an enrollment of over 17,500 students of whom over 4,000 pursue
      advanced degrees in 74 different areas of graduate studies.
      Strategically located within a few miles of Interstate 85, mid-way
      between Atlanta, Georgia, and Charlotte, North Carolina, Clemson
      offers easy access to major urban centers, coastal areas and the
      Appalachian mountains.