RE: [SJSU_MURPs] FWD: National Park Transportation Scholars Progr am

  • Bell, Tim
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 29 7:22 AM
      This sounds really marvelous.

      -----Original Message-----
      From: asha.weinstein@... [mailto:asha.weinstein@...]
      Sent: Tuesday, January 28, 2003 8:14 PM
      To: SJSU_MURPs@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [SJSU_MURPs] FWD: National Park Transportation Scholars Program

      ----- Forwarded by Asha Weinstein/SJSU on 01/28/2003 08:12 PM -----

      >===== Original Message From Anne Goodchild <anne_g@...>
      =====

      As acting TRANSOC president, I recently came across some information about
      the
      National Park Transportation Scholars Program that some of you may be
      interested in.

      The goal of the program is to help the National Park Service develop
      innovative transportation and environmental solutions that preserve park
      resources and enable visitors to enjoy parks. Those involved in the
      program
      will spend 6 months to 1 year working at a designated national park with
      top
      park management and other professional planners in the National Park
      Service.
      They will also receive $50,000/year plus housing and moving expenses!

      If you are interested check the website at www.enotrans.com/scholars or
      stop
      by my office (416 G McLaughlin Hall). Applications are due Feb. 28, 2003.

      Anne Goodchild
      Civil and Environmental Engineering
      University of California at Berkeley

    • Darcy Smith
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 29 8:37 AM
        Tim
        I haven't seen you in any of my classes- what are you taking?
        I am taking 204B, 225 and 228, and starting work on my final report which is on what land use regulations Campbell could adopt to support TOD. I have to meet with Asha today to discuss it.
        Laurel Prevetti is teaching 225 instead of Luke Connoly. She seems pretty cool.
        What else is new with you? Did you go on your backpacking trip to Death Valley? I went and stayed in a house in South Lake Tahoe and skied for 6 days. The weather was great but we need some more storms.

        Later,

        Darcy Smith
        Planner II
        City of Campbell