Community Innovation Lecture Series at UC-Berkeley, October 14

  • Gabriella Condie
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 13, 2008
      Hey MURPS,

      This is the schedule for UCB's Community Innovation lecture series that
      is once a month on a Tuesday night in Wurster Hall. Lecture from 6-7,
      reception from 7-8. The 2nd one is tomorrow and it goes untill May
      2009. I'll probably be there tomorrow.

      Peace,

      Gabriella

      I forgot to put a reminder on the agenda about our EBGCP forum at
      Berkeley, now planned for October 14, 6-8 PM. This will be held as
      part of a speaker series to celebrate the 60th anniversary of the
      Department of City & Regional Planning -- and also as a way to attract
      students to classes and research projects related to the Partnership.
      We had planned to have representatives from each of the cities, plus
      someone from LBL, speak about the Partnership. I have already lined
      up a superstar discussant -- the national co-director of the Apollo
      Alliance, Kate Gordon, who also happens to be a graduate of our
      department (and Boalt).

      The format will be that each city, plus LBL, will speak for about 5-8
      minutes, and then Kate will talk about what cities are doing
      nationally for green economic development. I will ask her to address
      in particular the potential for university-based technology transfer
      and regional collaboration. I will do lots of publicity for this, and
      also provide a reception afterward. At our last meeting, we discussed
      it as sort of a "dry run" for the summit, and I do hope it will be a
      way to crystallize each city's thoughts about the potential of the
      Partnership.

      Michael Caplan has kindly agreed to represent the City of Berkeley.
      I'm hoping that each of the other cities can send someone who has been
      involved from the outset. Could you please let me know ASAP if your
      city (and LBL) is able to participate? Doreen, we should discuss the
      Chancellor's potential involvement.

      Best,
      Karen

      --