Volunteers Needed : Int'l Latino Fil;m Festival San Jose

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 11, 2008
      The 12th International Latino Film Festival San Francisco - Bay Area is
      coming up!

      Once again the International Latino Film Society will be bringing to
      the Bay Area the best new films from Latin America, Spain and the U.
      S. (some actors and directors too!) to be part of the 12th
      International Latino Film Festival. You can be part of this exciting
      event and help promote a positive image of the Latino culture,
      support independent filmmakers and help people's stories find an
      audience. Join us by volunteering with the 12th Int'l Latino Film
      Festival November 7 - 23, 2008!

      Please read over the following posts and let us know where and when
      you would like to volunteer!

      OUTREACH VOLUNTEERS
      -Be part of our street team! Distribute promotions materials as part
      of your daily routine-schools, events, nightclubs and social gatherings.
      -Attend exiting community, film, & music events on the Int'l Latino
      Film Festival outreach calendar to promote the November Festival.
      -Promote membership and help the Int'l Latino Film Society keep growing!
      -Be an Amigo del Festival! Add us as a friend and post events on
      your Facebook, MySpace, Bebo, Orkut, MiGente etc.

      You Get:
      -Tickets to Festival screenings
      -Invitations to parties & events
      -Festival T-shirt & other goodies

      PROGRAM VOLUNTEERS
      -Work as an intern programming films
      -Help in hosting invited directors and actors,
      -Serve as a translator for foreign guests and during screenings.

      THEATER VOLUNTEERS
      -Be part of the ILFF at the Box Office, as an usher and selling
      merchandise during films at the 2008 Festival.
      -Schedule sign ups begin at our program release in October

      In exchange for working a four hour shift at one of our theatre
      venues get a pair of movie tickets good for a film at the 2008
      Festival and a Festival T Shirt!

      OFFICE VOLUNTEERS
      -Learn how a film Festival operates by assisting with tasks in our
      SOMA (San Francisco ) office
      -Organize our film library, contact partner organizations and help
      manage database

      You get:
      -Tickets to films
      -An ILFS Membership (based on number of hours worked)

      Get involved NOW! Send us an email at volunteer@...
      with your Name, availability and Area of Interest.

      Save the Dates! The 12th International Latino Film Festival November
      7-23, 2008 San Francisco--San José--Redwood City--Berkeley--San
      Rafael--San
      Bruno--Larkspur

      Thanks so much,

      Morgan LaManna
      Development Associate
      International Latino Film Society
      415.513.5308
      www.LatinoFilmFestival.org
      Int'l Latino Film Festival-
      San Francisco Bay Area
      November 7-23, 2008

      Support your Int'l Latino Film Festival -
      Become a Member today! http://www.latinofilmsociety.org/donors.php