Planning for Our Future: Vote for Our Future Voter Registration Rally

  • Lauren Doud
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 5, 2008
      Dear Community Partners,

      The Silicon Valley Leadership Group welcomes you to join us and co-hosts San
      Jose State University and West Valley Mission Community College District for
      a non-partisan voter registration rally on the campus of San Jose State
      University on Tuesday, September 23 from 12:00-1:00 p.m.

      Special guests include several San Francisco 49er representatives, Secretary
      of State Debra Bowen, San Jose Mayor Chuck Reed and San Jose Councilmember
      Sam Liccardo. With so many critical decisions on the ballot this November,
      we are pleased to join with San Jose State University, West Valley Mission
      Community College, the League of Women Voters, Secretary of State’s office,
      Santa Clara University and San Francisco 49ers in providing this “Vote for
      Our Future” event to encourage participation, engagement, and action in the
      election process.

      Highlights

      Representatives of the San Francisco 49ers

      The Hon. Debra Bowen, Secretary of State

      The Hon. Chuck Reed, Mayor, San José

      The Hon. Sam Liccardo, Councilmember, City of San José

      Jon Whitmore, President, San José State University

      Carl Guardino, President & CEO, Silicon Valley Leadership Group

      Details are as follows:

      Vote for Our Future

      Voter Registration Rally

      Tuesday, September 23, 2008

      12:00 PM-1:00 PM

      @ San José State University

      One Washington Square

      7th Street Plaza

      San José, CA

      Parking: Please use the 4th Street Parking Garage (across from the Martin
      Luther King, Jr. Library)

      Public Transportation: Transit buses and the light rail line connect to
      downtown San José and the campus from throughout the county, the airport and
      the Amtrak/CalTrain San José depot. Call for specific routes: 408/924-7433.
      Also plan your trip using 511 Transit
      <https://mail.svlg.net/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://transit.511.org/dest
      inations/detail.asp?did=127> . Bike, walking and carpooling is also
      encouraged.

      Directions: http://www.sjsu.edu/about_sjsu/visiting/campus_maps/directions/
      <https://mail.svlg.net/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.sjsu.edu/about_s
      jsu/visiting/campus_maps/directions/>

      We hope you will be able to join us for this important community gathering.
      If you do plan on attending, please RSVP by emailing Kirk Everett at the
      Silicon Valley Leadership Group at keverett@....