PT job - Palo Alto - Sierra Club Loma Prieta Chapter - Development Coordinator

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 22, 2008
      SIERRA CLUB LOMA PRIETA CHAPTER
      JOB ANNOUNCEMENT

      DATE: August 20, 2008

      TITLE: Development Coordinator

      START: As soon as possible

      The Loma Prieta Chapter of the Sierra Club has over 19,000 members across
      San Mateo, Santa Clara and San Benito Counties. Our chapter is at the
      forefront of addressing global climate change with our highly successful
      Cool Cities campaign. We also offer hundreds of outings a year, endorse
      candidates for local and state office, and engage in conservation efforts
      including smart land use and forest and coastal protection. We are seeking
      someone to join our small, energetic and fun staff to help grow our
      fundraising program so we can have a greater impact in protecting our
      environment.

      The Development Coordinator is responsible for the administrative aspects
      of the Loma Prieta Chapter?s fundraising efforts with a special focus on
      data management and donor appreciation activities. This part time position
      is an excellent entry-level opportunity for an individual excited about
      the work of the Sierra Club and eager to learn about non profit business
      management.

      The Development Coordinator reports to the Chapter Director. S/he works
      closely with the CD to implement the Loma Prieta Chapter?s annual
      fundraising plan.

      HOURS: 20 hrs / week - with some evenings or weekends to accommodate
      scheduled events and activities.

      SALARY / BENEFITS - Competitive salary and benefits that include vacation,
      sick leave, medical, dental, vision, and 401k with company match.

      DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES

      Development Duties

      ? Manages the fundraising database and donor acknowledgement activities.
      ? Coordinates telephone solicitation program and direct mail appeal
      programs.
      ? Monitors fundraising progress and prepares fundraising reports.
      ? Assists the Chapter Director in the development of annual fundraising
      goals and objectives.
      ? Participate as an active member of the development/fundraising team.
      ? Help recruit volunteers to participate in chapter fundraising programs
      and activities.

      QUALIFICATIONS

      ? Demonstrated ability to work independently, be detail oriented,
      prioritize tasks, and complete assignments in a timely and proficient
      manner.
      ? Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in groups.
      ? Knowledge and experience using computers and related software, including
      Microsoft Word and Excel; preferred database and/or data management
      experience.
      ? Valid California Driver?s License and a clean DMV report.
      ? Must be able to submit to a complete background check.

      TO APPLY:

      Please send cover letter, resume and three references to:
      Melissa.hippard@...

      Or: SCLP ? ATTN: Development Coordinator Job Search
      3921 E. Bayshore Road, Suite 204
      Palo Alto, CA 94303

      APPLICATION DEADLINE: September 15, 2008 (applications will be accepted
      until position is filled)

      Sierra Club is an Equal Opportunity Employer Devoted to Workforce
      Diversity