Internship Opportunities with the "Yes on Measure B" campaign (Sunnyvale)

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 20 3:22 PM
      ----- Forwarded by Asha Agrawal/SJSU on 08/20/2008 03:21 PM -----

      No on foreign oil, No on $4 gas ? YES ON MEASURE B, YES ON BART!
      COORDINATOR OPENINGS:
      We are currently looking for self-motivated individuals who would like to
      get on-the-ground campaign experience and have a passion for
      transportation policy and public transit. Specifically, we are looking
      for individuals interested in the following areas:
      Media Outreach- This role is to become familiar with all print
      publications in Santa Clara County, help develop key messages, and secure
      editorial board endorsements. Journalism and/or communications majors are
      encouraged to apply.
      Elected Official Outreach and Messaging - This role is to communicate with
      elected officials about the Measure, secure their endorsements, and make
      sure they have common message points about the campaign. Public policy
      and/or political science majors are encouraged to apply.
      College Outreach- This role is to engage in on-campus organizing for local
      colleges and universities, including reaching out to college papers, key
      clubs, and social networks.
      These are unpaid, volunteer positions. We are happy to work with your
      school to provide college credit.
      WHAT IS MEASURE B:
      *Measure B provides the funds needed to operate/maintain the future 16.1
      mile BART
      extension into Santa Clara County.
      * Measure B helps reduce our dependence on foreign oil.
      *Measure B helps curb climate change: 51 percent of our region's
      greenhouse gases
      come from cars. Measure B provides proven options to our automobiles.
      Coordinators will be working for the "Yes on Measure B!" campaign and be
      based in Sunnyvale (600 W. California Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA 94086). To
      apply please send your resume to Ruchit Agrawal at ruchitagrawal@...
      .