Peak Oil Townhall Meetings (on-line)
- ----- Forwarded by Asha Agrawal/SJSU on 08/01/2008 05:42 PM -----
*Peak Oil Townhall Meetings
*Please join members of the San Francisco Peak
Oil Preparedness Task Force in a series of
presentations about Peak Oil. We have teamed up
with the Presidio School of Management (home of a
well-regarded sustainability MBA) to host a
series of six town hall meetings this August.
This is your chance to have input without
traveling to City Hall for a meeting. The
"meetings" will take place entirely online. There
will be a powerpoint presentation, and discussion by teleconference.
The town hall meetings are open to anyone but
have been designed especially for the people of San Francisco.
You will need a computer connected to the
Internet and a telephone that can call a
conference call service (long distance will apply
but is otherwise free). For inexpensive long
distance calls, consider www.skype.com, www.jajah.com or www.gizmo.com.
Here are the topics:
* August 4 ? What's Happening With Oil?
* August 6 ? Growing Food in an Urban Environment
* August 11 ? Creating Communities and Local Economies
* August 13 ?Transportation in a Post Peak World
* August 19 ? Personal Preparation for Peak Oil
* August 20 ? Keeping Healthy in a Post Peak World
There are two presentations each day, which are
identical to each other. Choose the one that works best for your schedule:
* 12 noon until 1pm (Pacific)
* 7 pm until 8pm (Pacific)
Each meeting incudes about 20 minutes of content
followed by 30 minutes of Q&A. You can register here:
http://sfpeakoiltow nhall.eventbrite .com
Please pass along this link to your friends!
There should be a good discussion after the
presentation. We look forward to hearing you.
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]