Did the property rights movement start with Robert Moses?

  • JF
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 25, 2008
      I am reading The Power Broker about Robert Moses and the above question occurred to me.

      I haven't finished the book but the enourmous size of the projects he proposed and built required that amounts of land be comdemded at levels that were unprecedented. And he had to take large amounts of land in ways that were illegal in order to accomplish it.

      Anyone have any knowledge when property rights advocated really gain political currency? Any thoughts would be great!

      Jim