Volunteers needed - Recycling Assistance for 4th July Festival

  • Emy Mendoza
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 12, 2008
      Hello fellow MURP-ers:

      I'm working for the City of San Jose, Environmental Services, and am
      very much enjoying it. It's exciting to be part of the Greening San
      Jose movement - the Green Vision and all that.

      For example, for the big 4th of July Festival, Enviromental Services
      is providing recycling support to Zero Waste the event of 150,000
      people. Imagine: composting, recycling for a major gathering. But
      we need help. We need Recycling Monitors - folks who can work 4
      hours on Friday, Saturday or Sunday, educating festival-goers on what
      trash goes in which receptacle. Super easy and super important
      task. Free t-shirt, free soda, free admission to Festival, but the
      best benefit is the warm fuzzy feeling you'll get from doing your
      part for the environment! Give me a call if you'd like to be part of
      the team of Recycling Monitors. Someday, recycling at events like
      this will be a matter of course, but for now, we are training the
      public.

      Check www.volunteersanjose.com to see more details and the flyer. See
      www.americafestival.com for more info about the 4th of July event.
      It'll be a party!