Opportunity for Affordable Housing Advocates

  • Lauren Doud
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 5, 2008
      Hello All: I am interning with the Silicon Valley Leadership Group
      this summer and wanted to share a potentially interesting
      opportunity for anyone interesting in affordable housing advocacy.

      As many of you know, Bay Area cities must complete revisions of
      their Housing Elements by June 2009. At the Leadership Group, we
      are trying to organize teams for each city in Santa Clara County to
      advocate for affordable housing policies at community meetings and
      public hearings.

      If you are interested in participating, please send an email to
      housing@... with your contact information and primary
      city/cities of interest.

      This is a great opportunity for anyone, but especially students that
      want experience speaking at public hearings and participating in the
      Housing Element update process. The Leadership Group will also
      provide you with training so that you can advocate as effectively as
      possible. Lastly, this can also be a great networking opportunity.

      Kindly,
      Lauren Doud