Public Transit to UC Berkeley Housing and Urban Policy Conference, February 7th

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 24, 2003
      For those who choose to take public transit to the conference, I recommend
      taking BART to "Downtown Berkeley" station -
      use the BART planner, just insert your origin station, and downtown Berkeley
      as your destination, and times and date
      (http://www.bart.gov/index.asp)

      Adjacent to Bank of America is the Bear Transit stop - there generally is a
      queue of people waiting:
      http://public-safety.berkeley.edu/p&t/transit/pages/daytime.html

      The "P" (for Perimeter) line comes every 12 minutes.

      Put a quarter in the farebox.

      Haas center is located in the eastern perimeter of campus, off Gayley
      Rd/Piedmont Ave. It's walkable, but a bit uphill, about 15-20 minutes.

      (My motto - why walk if there's transit?)

      Feel free to email me questions, or call UC Parking & Transportation (Bear
      Transit)at: (510) 642-5149.

      Subject: Carpooling to UC Berkeley Housing and Urban Policy Conference,
      February 7th
      Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 17:07:00 -0800

      To: Urban Planning Students and Faculty interested in the Housing and Urban
      Policy Conference, February 7th.

      From: Dayana Salazar

      I've received a request to coordinate carpools for the Housing Conference at
      UC Berkeley.

      Please check information below. Let me know no later than Friday, January
      31st, if you are interested in either giving a ride or riding along.
      I will send ride information during the week of February 1-6.

      Please specify whether you are a driver offering rides (number of seat belts
      available) or a passenger seeking a ride.

      PROPOSAL: Carpool Travel for SJSU Students and Faculty to the U.C. Berkeley
      Conference

      DATE: Friday, February 7, 2003

      TIME: 6:15 a.m. (depart promptly from SJSU) 4:00 p.m. (anticipated
      return to San Jose)

      CARPOOL DEPARTURE LOCATION: Washington Square (WSQ) - outside steps of
      Urban Planning Office on Fourth Street at Paseo de San Antonio.

      COST: Contribution to carpool gas and $25.00 parking at U.C. Berkeley
      /participants

      CONTACT: Dayana Salazar [salmar@...