Internship Opportunity: Oakland Bicycle and Pedestrian Program
- Hello folks at MURPs,
I'm leaving my internship at Oakland's Bike/Ped program and we're looking for a replacement. If you're interested in bicycle planning, I strongly recommend you apply not only because you'll have the opportunity to do interesting work but also because staff has a real interest in developing your skills and knowledge. It's a great place to intern.
The announcement can be found at http://www.oaklandpw.com/AssetFactory.aspx?did=3271
Position: Student Trainee (intern)
Typical duties are:
* Site and/or verify the installation of bicycle parking racks, based on existing guidelines.
* Site bicycle traffic signage, based on existing guidelines.
* Research bicycle wayfinding signage systems and make recommendations for Oakland's bikeway network.
* Collect and analyze bicycle, pedestrian, and/or traffic data through survey and field observations.
* Document field conditions and develop work orders to improve existing bikeway signage.