[SJSU_MURPs] Internship Opportunity - Sunnyvale
- Planning Summer Casual Part Time or Full time Intern Position City of Sunnyvale, CATerms of Hiring: This is a temporary casual position for the summer months (June through August), but future part time work beyond summer may also be available. The position is for full time (40 hours per week), but part time (at least 20 hours) will also be considered. The pay rate ($15 - $20) is set at the time of hire based on City of Sunnyvale s salary guidelines, education level, and experience.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:· Knowledge of basic techniques and concepts of urban planning.· Familiarity with basic research techniques.· Ability to analyze facts and exercise judgment in arriving at conclusions.· Ability to write and communicate concisely and effectively.· Basic computer skills should include MS Word, Excel, and Power Point.· Advanced computer skills may include (not required) ArcView GIS , graphics, and web pages.· Works effectively with City staff, contractors, consultants, administrators, other governmental agencies, and the general public.· Applies principles of good customer service.QUALIFICATIONSPreference will be given to candidates who have completed at least one year of college in an urban planning, architecture, environmental science, landscape architecture, geography, or closely related field. A college senior or a graduate student is highly desirable.Please e-mail resume to alee@.... Position is open until filled. First screening is scheduled for May 27, 2008.
- Works with and applies the basic principles and practices of urban planning.
- Assists staff planners with current planning applications as well as advanced planning projects.
- Assists in the preparation of various planning documents, public presentation, and dissemination of planning materials and information.
- Assists in basic data collection systems and research; compiles and analyzes data; independent research projects will be assigned periodically.
- Assists with maps, charts, drawings, and exhibits using general and industry-specific software and equipment.