AMBAG Internship Announcement
Association of Monterey Bay Area Governments (AMBAG)
445 Reservation Road, Suite G
P.O. Box 809
Marina, CA 93933-0809
PLANNING INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY
$12.13 - $16.32/hr
The Association of Monterey Area Governments is seeking an intern to work under the direction of the Director of Planning. The intern position may perform planning, administrative, or other related work in support of agency plans, programs, and projects including, but not limited to: compilation and analysis of land use, roads and transportation, economic activities, demographics, water and air quality, geographic systems information; utilizes data processing and computer programs; makes comparative studies; develops reports; provides routine information to the public; prepares maps, art, and diagrams; assists in project proposal development; prepares environmental review summaries; prepares forecasts; assists in citizen participation activities; and performs related work as needed.
The following skills, knowledge & abilities are highly desirable:
- Knowledge of AMBAG’s role and responsibilities as a regional planning agency
- Knowledge of planning theory and practice
- Research skills
- Organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Positive attitude
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software, and able to quickly learn other computer software applications
- Ability to prepare clear, concise, and accurate reports.
- Ability to compile and analyze data for assigned projects.
Interns may assist Planning staff in the following ways:
- Research and development of plans, reports and memoranda
- Communication with local city and county staff, community business representatives and the public
- Organizing and attending events and meetings
- Representing AMBAG in a positive manner on the phone and in writing.
Position open until filled
For more information contact Katie Axt at AMBAG: (831)883-3750
To apply: e-mail your resume and cover letter to kaxt@...