Fw: Affordable Housing Tour

  • Shishir Mathur
    Message 1 of 1 , May 7, 2008

      Shishir Mathur, Ph.D.
      Assistant Professor
      Urban and Regional Planning Department
      One Washington Square
      San Jose' State University
      San Jose', CA 95192-0185
      Phone: 408-924-5875
      Fax: 408-924-5872

      -----Forwarded by Shishir Mathur/SJSU on 05/07/2008 11:17AM -----

      To: <shishir.mathur@...>
      From: "Bena Chang" <bchang@...>
      Date: 05/05/2008 01:10PM
      Subject: Affordable Housing Tour

      Hi Shishir,

      Hope you’re doing well.

      The Leadership Group is planning a tour of Affordable Housing in the City of Santa Clara , and I wondered if your students who are interested in housing policy might like to attend.

      We conduct these tours in a different part of the county each year, and this year we’re focusing on Santa Clara .  We invite developers and city staff to be our guides at each of the stops along the tour to talk about the development process and policies behind it.  For example, Kevin Riley from the planning department will be covering the city’s Below Market Rate policy on the tour while we’re at an apartment to condo conversion with a below market rate component.  It’s a fantastic opportunity to see the tangible results of city policies firsthand.

      We would love to invite SJSU students and professors to attend the tour.  I have attached the invitation to this email.   More information can also be found at www.affordablehousingweek.org/bustour2008.htm .

      Let me know if you have any questions!

      Bena Chang

      Silicon Valley Leadership Group

      Senior Associate, Housing and Transportation

      224 Airport Parkway, Suite 620

      San Jose , CA 95110

      Phone: (408) 501-7870

      Fax: (408) 501-7861