Summer Interships in SF

  • Vianey Nava
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 23, 2003
      http://www.ci.sf.ca.us/dpt/intern.htm

      Student Intern Program 2003
      --- Application deadline March 14, 2003 --------

      Gain valuable on-the-job experience under the guidance
      of professional engineers! There are more than forty
      experienced traffic engineers and planners on our
      staff. Trainees will participate in various activities
      of the Division--such as design and construction of
      capital improvement projects, traffic management,
      bicycle projects, transportation planning, traffic
      calming and signal design projects.

      Part-time work opportunities may be available during
      the school year. Pay is between $1452-1632 bi-weekly
      depending upon qualifications.

      Qualifications:
      You must be currently enrolled in an accredited
      undergraduate or graduate civil engineering or city
      planning program or a closely related discipline.
      You must be considering a career in
      transportation/traffic engineering. Having taken one
      or more transportation engineering or planning courses
      is desirable but not required.
      You must be returning to or entering
      undergraduate/graduate school in Fall 2003 or Spring
      2004.
      You must be a US citizen, green card holder, or have a
      legal work permit prior to application.
      How to Apply:

      Send a cover letter, resume and your complete college
      transcripts (offcial, photocopied or unofficial
      transcripts with student's name) to:

      City and County of San Francisco
      Department of Parking & Traffic
      Traffic Engineering Division
      25 Van Ness Avenue, Suite 345
      San Francisco, CA 94102
      Attn: Ms. Elisa Ng

      In your cover letter or resume, please include the
      following information:

      Areas of interest within civil engineering or planning

      Year in college and anticipated graduation date
      Permanent and school addresses, phone numbers and
      e-mail address(es)
      Current and prior work experience within the last five
      years.
      Minorities and women encouraged to apply.

      APPLICATION DEADLINE IS MARCH 14, 2003.
      Applications postmarked after this date or submitted
      via email will not be accepted.

      For more information:
      Call (415) 554-2300 and ask for Ms. Elisa Ng
      E-mail dptinternships@...
      Check out the Department of Parking & Traffic website
      to learn more about our department

      http://mailplus.yahoo.com
    • Hilton Kwong
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 23, 2003

        Vianey,

        Thanks for the information.   Wow, it's amazing how many internships are available this summer.  Who know's maybe I will get one.  I appreciate it.  See you this afternoon.

        Hilton

        Do you Yahoo!?