2 internships with the Contra Costa County Redevelopment Agency

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 25, 2008

      The Contra Costa County Community Development Department is currently seeking candidates for our internship program for Summer 2008. The positions will be in the Redevelopment, Housing, and Community Development Block Grant program areas.

      Below is a brief description of the positions available. Interested candidates are invited to view our website at www.ccreach.ora for additional background and information regarding the Agency.

      The positions will be paid at $15.00/hour. Interns may work up to 40 hours/week, however, we are flexible and can adapt to individual circumstances. Starting and ending dates are also flexible.

      Please forward inquiries/resumes to:

      James Kennedy, Redevelopment Director
      Contra Costa County Redevelopment Agency
      2530 Arnold Drive Suite 190
      Martinez, California 94553

      ________

      REDEVELOPMENT PLANNER INTERN:
      Provide support, research and technical assistance for a variety of functions and activities related to Redevelopment Project Areas in Contra Costa County. These Redevelopment Project Areas include Contra Costa Centre at the Pleasant Hill BART Station, Bay Point, Rodeo, North Richmond and Montalvin Manor. Projects and programs in these areas are ongoing and varied.

      HOUSING PLANNER INTERN:
      Provide support, research and technical assistance for a variety of functions and activities for the development of affordable housing in Contra Costa County. Projects include Community Development Block Grant (CDBG), HOME, Housing for People with Aids (HOPWA), Emergency Shelter Grant (ESG), Mortgage Credit Certificates (MCC), Housing Elements, Density Bonus plans and inclusionary housing programs for low income households.