Volunteers needed for Build it Green Home Tour

  • Riad
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 22 2:36 PM
      If you can't volunteer you might want to go on the tour.

      Volunteers Needed!
      Alameda & Contra Costa Counties Green Home Tour

      Volunteer for the third Build It Green Home Tour in Alameda & Contra
      Costa Counties on
      Sunday, June 1st, 2008.
      There are many ways to help! Volunteer opportunities include:

      Green Home Tour (~100 volunteers needed)
      When and Where: Sunday, June 1st throughout Alameda and Contra
      Costa Counties
      Shifts available: Morning or Afternoon. 4 1/2 hour shifts allow
      time to visit other homes.

      As a Tour Day volunteer you'll receive:
      The official Green Home Tour organic cotton t-shirt
      A special volunteer thank you gift
      A FREE Green Home Tour guidebook with in-depth case studies of each
      home which grants you access to any home on the tour
      A special orientation dinner for you and the tour organizers the
      week before the tour
      FREE snacks on the day of the tour
      Networking opportunities with green homeowners and building
      professionals
      A unique opportunity to experience green homes
      and so much more...

      Tour Day Responsibilities include:
      Assist homeowners in preparing for tour guests (setup registration
      table, signs, etc.)
      Greet tour participants and verify all participants have a Tour
      Guidebook
      Ensure participants remove shoes or wear provided booties
      Facilitate the flow of traffic in the home
      Refrain guests from entering identified off limits areas
      Assist homeowners in closing down (remove signs, pack up supplies,
      etc.)
      Volunteer Participation Criteria:
      Enjoy public education and interaction
      Be able to commit to the full volunteer shift
      Must attend one of the Volunteer Orientations. Dinner will be
      provided.

      Contra Costa County: Wednesday, May 28th 6:30-8:30pm at the City of
      Walnut Creek City Hall.
      Alameda County: Thursday, May 29th 6:30-8:30pm at Green Building in
      Alameda County in Downtown Oakland.

      Must be 16 years old. Volunteers under 16 must be accompanied by
      parent/guardian.

      Pre- and Post-tour Volunteer Opportunities (~10-15 volunteers needed)

      We're also looking for volunteers to help in our Berkeley office Mon-
      Fri before and after the Tour. Get a behind the scenes glimpse of
      what goes into the production of the tour and help us with:
      Guidebook distribution
      Educational signage
      Preparing materials and supplies
      Evaluating participant surveys, etc.

      (We are located at 1434 University Ave. in Berkeley, 4 blocks from
      North Berkeley BART)

      Special Pre-tour Volunteer Opportunity (~5-10 volunteers needed)
      We'll have an assembly line of volunteers helping us put together
      boxes of supplies, gifts and tour day materials. It will be a fun
      day and you'll help us accomplish a lot in just one afternoon!
      Volunteers who help out on this day will get a guidebook good for
      one admission to the Green Home Tour.

      When: Saturday, May 17th from 1-5pm
      Where: Build It Green, 1434 University Ave. Berkeley (4 blocks from
      North Berkeley BART)

      Volunteer Applications: If you are interested in volunteering,
      please fill out a Volunteer Application which is available on our
      website at http://www.builditgreen.org The volunteer application
      deadline is Monday, May 19th. Please note on your registration form
      which opportunities you are interested in. We'll do our best to
      match you up with the shift and county of your choice. Details
      regarding the mandatory Volunteer/Homeowner Orientation meeting will
      be emailed to you upon receipt of your application.

      Hope to see you there!

      For more info please contact Katie at volunteer@... or
      510-845-0472 ext 119

      Can't volunteer? Purchase your guidebook at www.BuildItGreen.org to