National Congress of Pedestrian Advocates

  • susanswift@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 10, 2001
      I thought some of you might be interested in attending this:

      The National Congress of Pedestrian Advocates will be held August 16-
      18 in Oakland, California. According to a release from Ellen
      Vanderslice of America Walks, "More than just a conference, the
      National Congress of Pedestrian Advocates will be a hands-on, feet-on-
      the-ground training camp for building pedestrian power." It will kick-
      off a campaign by America Walks to recognize at least forty active
      pedestrian advocacy groups nationwide by the end of 2002.

      "The Congress will also be an opportunity for delegates from the
      member groups of America Walks to take collective action to frame
      positions on pedestrian issues of national significance. Attendance
      at the Congress is limited by the capacity of our facilities to 150
      people."

      Contact: Register on-line or on the phone:
      <http://americawalks.org/congress/>, 1-800-788-7077, <convene@...>