2 internships - City of Emeryville Economic Development and Housing Department
TWO PAID INTERNSHIPS - City of Emeryville Economic Development and Housing Department - Apply by: Monday, March 17
Term Internship #1: Spring 2008 through Summer 2008 (willing to consider summer-only internship); start immediately; ≈10 hrs/week during school year, 21-28 hrs/week during summer; 1000 hour maximum
Internship #2: Summer 2008 through Spring 2009; start mid-May/early June; 21-28 hrs/week during summer, ≈10 hrs/week during school year; 1000 hour maximum Compensation up to $17.50 per hour, DOQ
1. Assist in research and reports/website preparation of housing,commercial, and commercial real estate data
2. Assist in various programs - business attraction/retention, housing, jobs, loans, public art, and brownfields.
3. Update department's webpage content on department programs.
4. Assist in project management tasks.
5. Requires fieldwork. Occasional weekend/night meetings may be required.
1. Self-starter, problem-solver, good follow-through
2. Excellent communication and organizational skills
3. Spreadsheet, database, and word processing proficiency
4. Knowledge of the following desirable, but not required: land use and housing policy; redevelopment law; project development; GIS; Adobe Illustrator or similar graphic design program.
No calls, please. Send resume and a cover letter indicating the internship for which you are applying (either #1, #2 or both) by Monday, March 17 via fax (510) 596-4389; email mdeguzman@...; or mail:
Economic Development and Housing Department
Attn: Intern Search
City of Emeryville
1333 Park Avenue
Emeryville, CA 94608
The Department plans to interview candidates in March. Candidates to be interviewed will be notified and requested to submit references and samples of work.