FT job - Colma, CA - LSA Associates - Senior Planner

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 14, 2008

      (From http://www.planetizen.com/node/29706)

      Senior Planner Public Sector Focus
      LSA Associates, Inc.
      Location: South San Francisco, California, 94080, United States
      Posted on: February 13, 2008
      Category: Planning / Land Use
      Experience: 5-7 years

      South San Francisco - Join a great team!

      LSA Associates, Inc. is seeking a highly-motivated Senior Planner with 5 to 10 years of progressively responsible experience to join our South San Francisco office. The successful candidate should show a demonstrated ability to perform planning analyses, manage multiple projects, meet deadlines, and manage project budgets. The ability to serve as a mentor, work in a fast-paced professional environment, and manage time- and budget-sensitive projects is very important in this position. The South San Francisco office is located in highly-desirable San Mateo County, near public transit and major freeways. We are looking for someone with significant public sector experience as a staff planner, on who will provide efficient and effective service to our public sector clients through current and long-range planning. Excellent writing, design creativity and presentation skills are required. Successful marketing and client development/retention experience is also desirable. LSA provides significant benefits to our employees, including employee ownership, profit-sharing and savings plan, discretionary performance bonuses, a 401(k) program including company match, and an excellent health benefits package. Check out our website at www.lsa-assoc.com. LSA is an AA/EOE employer.

      Send a letter of interest and resume to:
      Suzanne Giesin, Office Manager
      LSA Associates, Inc.
      c/o 1190 El Camino Real
      Colma, CA 94014
      Phone: 650-985-2590
      Fax: 650-985-2578
      Or send via email: Suzanne.Giesin@...
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 23, 2009
        Please conserve: Think before you print this email.

        [From http://www.calapa.org/en/jobs/v/1885 ]

        Senior Planner (Public Sector)
        Posted on Tuesday 20-Oct-09 0:00 AM

        Categories - Rural Planning, Land Use, Environmental

        Job Information
        Description

        LSA is a diversified environmental, transportation, and community planning
        firm with California offices in Berkeley, Carlsbad, Fresno, Irvine, Palm
        Springs, Point Richmond, Riverside, Rocklin, San Luis Obispo, and South
        San Francisco, and one office in Fort Collins, Colorado. The staff at LSA
        includes experts in environmental analysis, biology and wetlands, air
        quality and noise, community and land use planning, archaeology and
        paleontology, geographic information systems (GIS), global climate change,
        transportation planning and engineering, and water quality. LSA staff
        professionals are recognized as innovators in the field of environmental
        impact assessment and have developed a reputation among clients and
        professional peers in both the public and private sectors as being
        thorough, innovative, and objective.

        LSA is seeking a highly motivated Senior Planner with the experience and
        ability to lead a municipal planning department and with a minimum of 10
        years of experience. LSA is looking for someone with significant public
        sector experience who will provide efficient and effective service to our
        public sector clients through current and long-range planning. The
        successful candidate should show a demonstrated ability to perform
        planning analyses, manage multiple projects, meet deadlines, and manage
        project budgets. The ability to serve as a mentor, work in a fast-paced
        professional environment, and manage time- and budget-sensitive projects
        is very important in this position. Excellent writing, communication,
        design creativity, and presentation skills are required, and the ability
        to multi-task is essential. Previous supervisory or management experience
        is a requirement. Successful marketing and client development/retention
        experience is also desirable. A Bachelors degree in planning, public
        administration or similar field is required; a Masters degree in a
        relevant field and AICP certification is highly desired.

        Please visit our website for more information about our company and
        benefits at: www.lsa-assoc.com. LSA is an AA/EOE and we participate in
        E-Verify.

        Position Type: Full Time
        Position Level: Experienced (10+ years)
        Location: Colma
        Travel Required: 0% of the time (approximate)
        Starts On: 1-Oct-09

        How to Apply

        Please send a cover letter and resume to:

        LSA Associates, Inc.
        Attn: Suzanne Giesin
        1190 El Camino Real
        Colma, CA 94014