Upcoming Census 2000 Workshop: CTPP and Census Products (fwd)

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2003
      ---------- Forwarded message ----------
      From: Chuck Purvis <CPurvis@...>
      To: Bay Area Census <bayareacensus@...>
      Subject: Upcoming Census 2000 Workshop: CTPP and Census Products

      TO: Bay Area Census Listserv
      DATE: January 3, 2003

      Mark your calendars for January 27th!

      MTC and ABAG are hosting a free workshop on Census 2000, on Monday,
      January 27, 2003, 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM, at the MetroCenter Auditorium, 101
      Eighth Street, Oakland.

      The title of the workshop is "CTPP and Census Products" and will cover two
      main topics:

      * the CTPP (Census Transportation Planning Package); and
      * the PUMS (Public Use Microdata Sample).

      The purpose of the workshop is to learn about Census 2000 datasets to be
      released in 2003. The CTPP, also known as the "Journey-to-Work Package" is
      a rich dataset that is "not just for transportation planners." The PUMS is
      a research dataset that provides the most flexibility for planners and
      researchers.

      Leading the workshop will be senior staff from the U.S. Census Bureau, the
      Federal Highway Administration, and MTC.

      We will have a web-based registration page in the next few days, and we
      encourage you to RSVP so we can make our necessary arrangements for
      seating, handouts & refreshments.

      The intended audience for this workshop are city and county planners,
      transportation planners and engineers, consultants, librarians and the
      media.

      For more information on the workshop, please contact me or the workshop
      registrar: Mr. Shimon Israel of MTC, at 510-464-7839, or e-mail:
      sisrael@...

      For more information on the Census Transportation Planning Package, visit
      the Transportation Research Board's subcommittee site, at: http://www.trbcensus.com/ and the FHWA Census site, at: http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/ctpp/

      We look forward to seeing you here on January 27th!

      Chuck Purvis

      Charles L. Purvis, AICP
      Senior Transportation Planner/Analyst
      Metropolitan Transportation Commission
      101 Eighth Street
      Oakland, CA 94607-4700
      (510) 464-7731 (office)
      (510) 464-7848 (fax)
      www: http://www.mtc.ca.gov/
      Census WWW: http://www.bayareacensus.ca.gov/

      If you have trouble subscribing, posting or unsubscribing, email -
      briank@...

      * LISTSERV FOOTER *

      * *
      * http://socrates.berkeley.edu/~zook/lists/planning-announce.html *