Doctoral Research Assistantships in Planning at Clemson University

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2008

      ----- Forwarded by Asha Agrawal/SJSU on 02/02/2008 09:48 AM -----

      The College of Architecture, Arts, and Humanities at Clemson University is accepting applications for assistantships for the pursuit of the Ph.D. degree in Environmental Design and Planning.  The assistantship provides a stipend of $18,000 payable per year plus tuition, and may be renewed for up to two years.

      The diversity of our faculty, who have advanced degrees in applied economics, architecture, construction management, civil engineering, history, landscape architecture, parks, recreation and tourism, planning, political science and urban geography allows students to pursue a variety of research interests.

      The objective of the program is to prepare a new generation of academics and professionals to deal with the diverse and complex issues relating to the next round of human development. The program is interdisciplinary drawing a core from the fields of architecture, landscape architecture, planning, and construction science. We have identified focus areas of: Regional & Community Development & Design; Built Environment and Health; Restoration, Sustainability & Landscape Ecology; Technology, Materials and Construction Processes.   It is expected that graduates of this program will be well prepared to address increasingly complex issues relating to human settlement patterns and the built environment.  I hope you will share it with students who are or might be considering application to a doctoral program for the fall semester of 2008.

      Clemson University, the land grant University of South Carolina, has an enrollment of over 17,500 students of whom over 4,000 pursue advanced degrees in 74 different areas of graduate studies. Strategically located within a few miles of Interstate 85, mid-way between Atlanta, Georgia, and Charlotte, North Carolina, Clemson offers easy access to major urban centers, coastal areas and the Appalachian Mountains.