Implementation of SJ's "Green Vision" plan - Friday, February 1, 2008, Council Chambers

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 25, 2008
      The City of San Jose has scheduled a special meeting
      to discuss preliminary implementation of the 10-point
      Green Vision Plan for Friday, February 1, 2008, from
      9:00AM to Noon, in Council Chambers. The agenda for
      the meeting can be accessed at
      http://www.sanjosec a.gov/clerk/ Agenda/020108/ 020108sma. pdf

      •Purpose
      The scope and complexity of the Green Vision Implementation Plan requires more time than is available in regular Council sessions. For each goal in the Green Vision, staff will present an overview of the approach and issues. In addition, staff will review cross-cutting issues that will affect implementation of the Green Vision as a whole. At the conclusion of the Special Session, staff will recommend Council approval of the Implementation Plan.

      9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. City Hall Council Chambers

      Introduction by City Manager, Debra Figone

      Overview of Preliminary Implementation Plan for Green Vision Goals
      - Goal 1: Create 25,000 Clean Tech jobs
      - Goal 2: Reduce per capita energy use by 50%
      - Goal 3: Receive 100% of our electrical energy from clean renewable sources
      - Goal 4: Build or retrofit 50 million square feet of green buildings
      - Goal 5: Divert 100% of the waste from our landfill and convert waste to energy
      - Goal 6: Recycle or beneficially re-use 100% of our waste water
      - Goal 7: Adopt a General Plan with measurable standards for sustainable development
      - Goal 8: Ensure that100% of public fleet vehicles run on alternative fuels
      - Goal 9: Plant 100,000 trees and replace 100% of our street lights with smart, zero emissions lighting
      - Goal 10: Create 100 miles of interconnected trails

      Regards,

      Irvin Dawid
      650-283-6534/mobile
      http://planetizen.com/?q=about/correspondent/dawid