"City Hall Fellows" Program in San Francisco and Houston

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 17, 2008

      [Note that graduate students are eligible for this program *IF* they earned their bachelor's degree in or after 2006.  Note also that the City of San Francisco and the City of Houston will be hosting Fellows in 2008-2009.]

      ----- Forwarded by Asha Agrawal/SJSU on 01/17/2008 07:14 PM -----

      I write to ask for your help in identifying your best and brightest graduating students to participate in an exciting, prestigious, new, nonpartisan public service fellowship.  City Hall Fellows (www.cityhallfellows.org) is looking for highly qualified applicants of all majors to fill its Inaugural Class of Fellows.  Our goal is to connect the next generation of leaders with the opportunity to make significant change at the grassroots, local level of government.

      Each City Hall Fellow will spend one year (starting August 4, 2008) in a prestigious, paid, full-time position within a city government and participate in an intensive Civic Leadership Development Program exploring the structure, functions and mechanics of local governance.  During 2008-2009, Fellows will be placed in Houston, Texas and San Francisco, California.

      City Hall Fellows is seeking graduating college seniors and recent alumni who demonstrate:

      ■      Academic excellence;
      ■      Leadership potential;
      ■      Dedication to contributing to society, and
      ■      An entrepreneurial spirit appropriate for participating in the very first year of an exciting new program.

      We would appreciate it if you would let students who you think might be a good fit for the fellowship know about this opportunity.  A detailed overview of the fellowship program, as well as application materials and instructions, are available online at www.cityhallfellows.org.  Applications for the 2008-2009 Inaugural Class of Fellows are due February 29, 2008.

      Thank you so much for your help.  We’re thrilled to be launching this new initiative and excited about the chance to change the world.  We would be delighted to have your top students participate in City Hall Fellows’ Inaugural Class.

      Very truly yours,

      Bethany Henderson                                                                Rich Leimsider
      Founder & Executive Director                                               Director of Operations
      City Hall Fellows                                                                    City Hall Fellows