Part-Time job - Oakland - TALC - Transit Campaign Assistant

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 16, 2008

      ----- Forwarded by Asha Agrawal/SJSU on 01/16/2008 10:15 AM -----

      Transportation and Land Use Coalition (TALC)

      Job Announcement

      Temporary Position:  Part-Time (potentially full-time)
      World Class Transit Campaign Assistant

      The Transportation and Land Use Coalition (TALC) is a partnership of 110 groups working for a sustainable and socially just Bay Area. Our World Class Transit program leads campaigns to secure funding for important transportation needs.

      Position Summary:
      TALC is co-leading a statewide campaign to protect funding for public transit in the State Budget. Since 2000, nearly $3 billion in dedicated transit funds have been redirected in efforts to balance California’s budget.

      We are looking for an organized, detail-oriented person to help with our campaign to protect public transit funding in the state budget.

      The Campaign Assistant will be responsible for various elements of the campaign including logistics in support of a spring lobby day in Sacramento, material development, and communication with advocates and legislative offices.

      There is the potential for this to be made into a full-time (still temporary) position if funding becomes available, with the additional time spent on TALC’s Regional Transportation Plan campaign.

      Timeline: This position would start as soon as possible. Program Assistant would work between 15-35 hours/week through June 2008.

      Candidate should possess the following:
      Ø      Strong oral and written communication skills
      Ø      Attention to detail
      Ø      Logistical savvy– we need someone who can help plan and keep track of attendees, meetings, materials, travel details, etc.
      Ø      Ability to write for a non-technical audience
      Ø      Layout skills a plus (InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, or other)
      Ø      Familiarity with Bay Area transportation issues a plus

      Based in TALC’s downtown Oakland office, though some work from home is possible.  $12 - $18 per hour, depending on experience.

      How to Apply: Please send a resume and cover letter of 2-3 paragraphs to jobs@.... Position will be filled as soon as possible, and was first posted January 14, 2008.

      ABOUT TALC
      The Transportation and Land Use Coalition (TALC) is a partnership of over 100 groups working for a sustainable and socially just Bay Area. We envision a region with healthy, walkable communities that provide all residents with transportation choices and affordable housing. TALC analyzes county and regional policies, works with community groups to develop alternatives, and coordinates grassroots campaigns. TALC is a nonprofit organization with 15 staff that has gained national recognition for our work to promote transportation alternatives and more livable neighborhoods.

      Visit www.transcoalition.org for more information about our Coalition
      TALC is an equal opportunity employer.
      People of color and women are strongly encouraged to apply.