Latino Dialogo on planning in Texas, February 15 (scholarships available)

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 14, 2008

      ----- Forwarded by Asha Agrawal/SJSU on 01/14/2008 11:24 AM -----

      On behalf of the Department of Landscape Architecture and Urban Planning,
      and the College of Architecture at Texas A&M, I have the pleasure to invite
      you to the first Dialogo in Texas.  It will be a one-day event to be held at
      our campus on February 15.

      As you may already know, the Latinos and Planning Division within American
      Planning Association was created with the objective of identifying:

      * the most significant planning issues facing Latino communities and

      * the most significant challenges facing Latino planners in the U.S.

      In order to meet these objectives a series of Dialogos have been organized
      around the country to identify critical issues to be integrated into a
      national agenda for Latinos in planning.

      We are organizing the First Dialogo in Texas.  Participants should come from
      all Texas to discuss the pressing needs, aims, and obstacles for planning
      facing Latino communities and Latino planners.  We are inviting a broad pool
      of participants: from professional planners, planning divisions at different
      geographical levels, researchers, faculty, community organizers, and all
      citizens interested on Latino issues in communities.

      Your participation in this event is critical and we will appreciate your
      contribution to the discussion.  You can learn more about the Dialogo at:
      http://archone.tamu.edu/conted/Dialogo/Dialogo_Home.html

      Please feel free to share this invitation with other members/divisions of
      your organization and your community that you think will benefit from and
      could be a contribution to the Dialogo.  To ensure a broad participation we
      are offering scholarships to those individuals who will be effective
      contributors but need financial assistance to attend the Dialogo.  For
      scholarship arrangements, registration, or dietary special needs, please
      contact Dolores Gonzales at 979 458-0102 or at dgonzales@....

      Sincerely,

      Cecilia Giusti, Ph.D.

      Chair - Dialogo

      Assistant Professor,

      Department of Landscape Architecture and Urban Planning

      College of Architecture

      Texas A&M University