Internship - Santa Clara County Social Services Agency - Facility Management & Special Project Programs

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 11, 2008

      ----- Forwarded by Asha Agrawal/SJSU on 01/11/2008 08:55 PM -----
      "Kimberly A. Faraday" <Kimberly.Faraday@...-clara.ca.us>

      01/11/2008 02:42 PM

      Internship Recruitment

      Can you please distribute the following internship opportunity to your staff, students, clubs or any organizations that might be appropriate.  We have oversight of 27 facilities and want to get an intern that might have been trained on AutoCAD, MS Project and/or Excel to assist with some projects and reports.  We are moving several facilities this year.  Thanks,
      Kimberly Faraday
      Special Projects Program Manager
      (408) 491-6386

      The County of Santa Clara Social Services Agency
       is recruiting to fill an internship position,
      (Freshman through Graduate Student – Level I, II, III or IV)
      to assist with Facility Management and Special Project Programs.
      Must possess strong communication skills, both written and oral.

      AutoCAD, MS Project and Excel
      Computer Program Experience is a Huge Plus.

      Ability to navigate, create and print Autocad documents is greatly desired.

      Experience with MS Project Computer Program and/or
      Creation and Implementation of Timelines for Major Projects is desired.

      Ability to create, navigate and print Excel Facility Management budget and Special Project related Excel spreadsheets and reports is required.

      Schedules are negotiable within Monday – Friday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
      and pay is base on official registration of your level in college.
      Range Approximately $9.03 to $27.45

      In order to qualify for the Student Intern Classification I - IV, a student must:
      •        Be a U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident alien, or non-citizen with proof of eligibility to work in the United States.  Certain individuals under eighteen may require work permits.
      •        Be currently enrolled in an accredited institution or a school licensed by a state agency.  Have attended that institution for at least one semester.
      •        Have an overall institutional grade point average of at least 2.5 on a four-point scale.
      •        Submit a completed application for employment.
      •        Pass a physical exam.

      Internship position may be mutually extended while enrolled in college;
      depending upon performance and department budget constraints.  Interns are considered Extra Help and may be released based on budget constraints.

      Ideal candidates may be from a variety of fields not limited to:  Civil Engineering, Urban Planning, Architecture Design, Engineering, Business or Facility Management.

      Resumes should be directed immediately to:  Kimberly Faraday at
      Kimberly.Faraday@... or call (408) 491-6386 for more information.