Capitol Fellows Program

  • persicone2000
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 12, 2007
      Capitol Fellows Program
      The Urban Planning Department has several Assembly, Senate, Executive
      and Judicial Fellowship applications laying around the office. All
      four of these programs are great opportunities to learn more about
      public policy and politics. From 2000 to 2001 I served as a Judicial
      Fellow in the Superior Court of Santa Clara and I examined ways to
      improve access to the courts. It was a great experience and I learned
      a tremendous amount.

      The Assembly, Senate or Executive Fellowship programs are also really
      awesome. If selected as a Fellow, you would work either in a State
      Assembly a State Senate or an Executive branch office writing
      legislation, preparing policy papers and in general being in the
      trenches of California politics.

      The programs are very selective as the Capitol Fellows program
      receives 600-800 applications for only 64 slots (18 Senate, 18
      Assembly, 18 Executive and 10 Judicial Fellows), so if you are
      thinking of applying you should get your application materials
      together before the Feb 27th deadline.

      Capitol Fellows Link:
      http://www.csus.edu/calst/programs/index.html

      Guido F. Persicone